In this two-minute speed read, we look at what the new tier system means for landlords and people looking to rent in Crediton
The tier system announced by the Government this week to combat the increase in Covid-19 cases has caused some concern from landlords and people who are looking to move.
The good news is that it shouldn’t.
This is because even in the highest tiered areas which the Government has said are at very high-risk, people can still move. Albeit with extra safety precautions which we’ve been practising since the lockdown.
In Crediton we are currently in Tier 1 – which is described as ‘medium alert’ and includes several guidance points including:
- Businesses and venues can continue to operate, but pubs and restaurants must ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and close between 10 pm and 5 am.
- Takeaway food can continue to be sold after 10 pm if ordered by phone or online.
- Schools and universities remain open.
Even in high alert areas, Government guidelines say you can still move home.
According to a statement on its website on Friday 16 October, the Government advised: “You can still move home if you’re in a medium alert level area. Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work, and people looking to move home can continue to undertake viewings.
Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing and wearing a face covering.”
Our priority is your safety. And that’s why we have the following measures in place to allow us to show people rental properties they are interested in.
Here are six of our Covid-secure steps.
- We wear masks on all viewings.
- We wear disposable gloves on each viewing – these are only worn once then recycled.
- We carry and use hand sanitiser before and after each viewing.
- We will be the only people to open or touch handles or cupboards.
- We will wipe down any surfaces touched after the viewing has finished.
Everyone has a part to play in helping us all get back to normal as soon as possible, and we take our responsibility to keep you safe very seriously.
So, we’ll be following the guidelines and updates daily. And we’ll continue to help people move homes safely, securely, and successfully.
If you are a landlord or tenant in Crediton or surrounding towns and villages and have any questions about what the tier system might mean to you, please get in touch.