Looking to buy a new home? Well, new build homes are very popular these days, and for good reason! N...

Looking to buy a new home? Well, new build homes are very popular these days, and for good reason! Not only are they the perfect blank slate for you to create all sorts of wonderful memories, but they also come with a range of benefits that you won’t want to miss out on. From energy-saving features to customisable design options, here are five reasons why buying a new build home might be the right choice for you.

Energy-saving features

Who doesn’t love saving a bit of cash on their monthly bills? New build homes are built to be energy-efficient, which means they come with all sorts of fancy energy-saving building materials and smart technology. Not only is this great for the environment, but it also means that you’ll have more money to spend on other fun stuff.

Home-buying schemes

Let’s be real, buying a house can be expensive. But don’t worry, some new-build homes can be bought through buying schemes like Help to Buy or Deposit Unlock. These schemes can make buying a new home more affordable and accessible, so you can focus on picking out the perfect wallpaper instead of stressing about your finances.

Design choices

One of the best things about buying a new build home is that you get to be in charge of all the fun design stuff. Want a neon pink kitchen? Go for it! Prefer a more understated look? That’s cool too. You can choose all sorts of options for things like flooring, work surfaces, and cabinetry to make your new home feel just right.

No chain

Ugh, property chains are the worst. Luckily, buying a new build home means that you won’t have to deal with all that nonsense. No more waiting for someone else to sell their house before you can move in, no more stress, just a smooth and easy sales process.

No renovations required

Last but not least, buying a new build home means that you won’t have to worry about renovations. Everything is shiny, new, and protected by guarantees, so you can rest easy knowing that your home is in tip-top shape. Plus, you won’t have to spend all your weekends painting and sanding and tearing down walls. Hooray!

At Helmores, we’ve got three fantastic new build developments that you should definitely check out: Weavers Place at North Tawton, Weavers Way at Sandford, and Woolston Green in Landscove near Ashburton. Give me a call if you want to find out more about these exciting new builds and start the journey to finding your dream home on 01363 777999.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Are new build homes more energy-efficient than older homes?

A: Yes! New homes are often much more energy-efficient than older homes. They’re built using the latest materials and technology, which can reduce energy waste and lower your utility bills. Many new homes also achieve the highest energy efficiency ratings of A or B.

Q: What home-buying schemes are available for new build homes?

A: There are a number of home-buying schemes available for new build homes. Help to Buy is a popular one in England, and it’s available until 31 March 2023 for buyers who applied before the end of October 2021 so you’d better hurry up! Deposit Unlock is another scheme that some developers offer, it allows buyers to put down a 5% deposit and borrow the remaining 95% from selected lenders participating in the scheme.

Q: Can I customise the design of my new build home?

A: This depends on the stage of build, and the developer. When you buy a new build home off-plan, you’ll usually have the opportunity to visit a show home and choose your own design elements, such as flooring, cabinetry, and work surfaces. Many developers also offer furniture packages to help you get started too.

Q: Will I be “chain free” if I buy a new build home?

A: Yes! One of the benefits of buying a new build home is that you won’t have to deal with a property chain. This means you can move in as soon as the property is ready, without having to wait for a seller to find a new home to move into.

Q: Will I need to carry out renovations on a new build home?

A: Absolutely not! New build homes are built to high standards and often come with guarantees that protect fixtures, fittings, and structural elements. This means you can move in knowing that everything is brand new and in good condition. Of course, you might still want to personalise the home to your tastes, but you won’t need to carry out any major renovations.

See all our latest video tours by subscribing to our
YouTube channel

Subscribe now