We take a quicky look at some of the most lucrative things people have ploughed their cash into and what you can do to add thousands to the value of your property. A fast Thursday read!
Way way back in 1903, John S Gray invested $10,500 (approx. $264,000 in today’s money) into a tiny car company. Fast forward the clock 16 years and he sold his share back to the Ford Motor Company for more than $26.25m (around $1.8 billion today)!!
In more recent years , film star Ashton Kutcher invested a cool £364,000 in a start-up taxi service called Uber. You’ve probably heard of it. His stake is now worth more than ten million pounds!
But you don’t have to be a canny entrepreneur or heart-throb film star to spend your hard earned dosh wisely.
So we’ve put together 5 ways you can add value to your home without spending an arm and a leg:*
- A new bathroom can add up to 3% to a home’s value.
- Converting a garage to a home office or extra room can potentially create a 10-12% uplift.
- A loft conversion can help your property’s price rise by around 10-15%.
- A new kitchen can add 5% to a property’s value.
- A side or rear extension will add more space, and that will create a higher value for your property, potentially up to 15% depending on the size and quality.
*These estimates come from a Zoopla report from 2018 but are still very much relevant today.
We’ve got loads of experience in helping people work out what home improvements will also boost a property’s value. So, whether you’re thinking of improving then selling, refurbishing then renting out or simply curious about what your home’s value is in the Devon property market right now, give us a call!
We’re here to help 🙂
What’s the best investment you’ve made when it comes to your property? We’d love to hear from you.